Learning and Development Specialist - #356149
My client Vianet Group PLC are recruiting for a Learning and Development Specialist. My client was established 26 years and are a leading IOT (Internet of things) business that deliver actionable insight & contactless payment solutions to clients in the hospitality, vending & self-service sectors.
Purpose of the Role:
To support business leaders to improve the competence, capability and performance of our people so that their contribution to business performance is demonstrably increased. To support and drive the culture of Vianet, ensuring that we attract, develop and retain the right people.
- Improved skills and capability of our people
- Improved individual, team and business performance
- Increasingly skilled and competent managers become more effective in driving team performance
- Employee motivation, commitment and overall engagement increased
- Employees own their development
- Cultural change takes place
- Vianet promoted as an Employer of Choice due to investment in learning and development
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Engage our people in learning and development, driving their commitment so that material improvements to performance are delivered.
- Identify individual and team learning and development needs across the business which incorporate general development in support of business objectives/priorities and individual development required to improve performance.
- Ensure a high level of application of learning outcomes leading to materially significant improvement to performance.
- Ensure learning and development/training investment is managed and return on the investment assessed.
- Deliver learning and development activities that support and drive the development of our culture.
- Drive succession planning and talent management activity so that genuine progress is made in creating organisational resilience.
- Champion our growing apprenticeship programme, collaborating with providers, line managers and apprentices to ensure successful development.
- Maximise funding opportunities using a network of contacts across the Tees Valley region.
- Embed culture through various interventions, tools and frameworks.
- Measure, monitor and take steps to increase employee engagement.
- Develop a comprehensive programme of learning for line managers that will drive their capability in respect of people management skills, leadership competency and general business skills.
- Design, develop and deliver a relevant programme of development workshops for employees to improve their capability and overall performance e.g. excellent customer service, presentation skills, core competencies such as Microsoft Office etc.
- Identify, engage with and manage external training providers as required, in line with our learning and development needs.
- Work collaboratively with line managers to create appropriate, relevant and impactful Personal
- Development Plans (PDP’s).
- Regularly review progress against PDP’s holding line managers accountable for managing performance and development.
- Provide and facilitate follow-up to learning interventions so that improvements to performance are tracked, realised and measured.
- Manage both the Apprenticeship Levy on-line service and the apprenticeship providers
- Deliver P&D induction to all new employees
- Deliver Health & Safety induction to all office-based employees
- Actively participate in networking with schools, colleges and universities to instigate and facilitate internships, work experience and social mobility learning opportunities.
- Support line managers in defining their engagement survey actions plans in respect of Personal Growth and ensure they remain focused in delivering their plans by undertaking regular reviews and reporting on progress.
- Support the P&D team with recruitment and employee relations activities as and when necessary
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous learning and development experience in a similar role is essential
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills with an impeccable level of attention to detail
- Previous experience of designing and delivering training, undertaking TNA and developing PDP’s
- Recognised qualification in Learning and Development and/or CIPD qualified
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a busy role whilst managing stakeholder expectations at all levels
- Customer focussed and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Calm and logical approach with the ability to inspire confidence and credibility
- Independent thinker
For more information or for a confidential chat please contact Beth Forshaw at Imperial Recruitment Group
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.