Business SME, Financial Crime - #357171
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Business Subject Matter Expert in Financial Crime
- This specialist role will see you partnering with the business and Risk function to ensure our products, services and ways of working protect customers and society
- You’ll make a vital contribution to driving a generative culture of risk awareness, recommending solutions to financial crime risk issues within the businesses and guiding them through implementation, strengthening the level of ownership within the businesses.
- Hone your financial crime and business skills and advance your career in this fast-paced and varied role with a firm emphasis on your development
What you'll do
We’ll look to you to act as a trusted advisor on particular areas of financial crime, helping assess risks and ensuring products and services are compliant to financial crime policies. You’ll make sure business strategies are compliant with financial crime policies, external laws and regulations, in order to prevent money laundering, breaches of sanctions, terrorist financing or bribery and corruption within the businesses.
Your role will also involve:
- Assisting franchises to manage financial crime risks
- Providing financial crime advice on customers and transactions
- Working with the businesses to ensure adequate controls are in place to prevent or detect financial crime risks
- Representing Non Personal Financial Crime at forums and committees, and providing support to the businesses
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role you’ll need an understanding of AML regulatory requirements and how to apply these to non personal products and services. We’ll also look for you to bring good stakeholder management skills, needing to be able to influence at all levels. You’ll also have the ability to help develop deep relationships with numerous stakeholders and establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
On top of this, you’ll bring:
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to assimilate both regulatory policies and procedures
- The ability to challenge business issues in order to support risk based solutions that address regulatory needs and are appropriate to the business
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.