Head of Commercial Governance (Buildings) - #409666
Society is in your hands, what are you waiting for?
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Head of Commercial Governance to join our team.
What does the role involve?
Working across our Buildings Division (with some support to Building Standards), you will deal with legal, contractual, claims and complaints on behalf of the Division. You'll have the ability to manage complex issues which in turn will have a major impact on the business and will be an enabler in efficiency.
Key deliverables will include:
- Supporting the Divisional Manager on embedding commercial governance into the Division and acting as conduit between the central legal team and operational teams to achieve a highly efficient client focus creating an 'ease of doing business approach'.
- Managing complex issues and advising colleagues and clients on legal compliance within the Division.
- Negotiating the risk profile within a contract to generate new business opportunities and supporting the Division on achieving signed appointments that address commercial and legal governance.
- Developing the legal and commercial capabilities of the technical operational team members, enhancing their skills by sharing own experience and making sure all Consultants are developing their own understanding and expertise levels in terms of commercial governance.
- Ensuring all prospects, proposals and tenders and submitted in accordance with the Sweco Win Business Process.
- Dealing with contentious matters e.g. complaints / Professional Indemnity claims and debt.
- Managing all Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA) up to pre-bid stage.
- Supporting the management of the debt profile in buildings and playing an active role in recovering and improving the debt profile, in conjunction with the Division's Credit Controller.
- Managing all Divisional insurance renewals.
What do you need to be successful in role?
You'll be a Chartered professional and an industry recognised technical legal and commercial expert with a good client understanding of the projects on which they work and the broader division they work within. You'll have the ability to influence strategic decision making within the business along with excellent consultancy, communication and relationship management skills. A proven track record in a similar role is essential as is excellent communication and relationship management skills and experience of conducting workshops and designing presentations.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). You’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the sustainable communities and cities of the future. Together with our clients and the collective knowledge of our 17,500 architects, engineers and other specialists, we co-create solutions to address urbanisation, capture the power of digitalisation, and make our societies more sustainable. Sweco is Europe’s leading engineering and architecture consultancy, with sales of approximately SEK 21 billion (EUR 2 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.swecogroup.com.
Transforming society together, we're planning and designing sustainable communities and cities of the future.
Solving the great societal challenges of our time is more relevant, demanding and inspiring than ever before. At Sweco, we bring together experts with different perspectives and skills to develop solutions that address the challenges of urbanisation, harness the positive power of digitalisation and make societies more sustainable.
We offer our clients a combination of global expertise and local presence, adapted to their business and reality. Our ambition is to be our clients’ most relevant partner, working together to help them solve their challenges, today and into the future.
Sweco is committed to enabling all its colleagues to achieve a great balance between work and their other priorities, such as caring responsibilities, leisure activities, further learning or other interests. We offer flexible start and finish times, part time and hybrid working options so that you can flex your hours around your day to day needs.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
It’s important to us that that all our colleagues thrive at work - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects the contribution individuals can bring to Sweco. We aim to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at Sweco we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.
We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant to ensure those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly. To find out more The Armed Forces Covenant - Our Commitments | Sweco UK.
We are also proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer, and will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
If I have a disability, can I get help (e.g. “reasonable adjustments”) with the application process?
If you’re an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
- The best method for contacting you (Phone or email)
- The position title
- Requisition/vacancy number
Upon receipt of this information, we’ll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.
Please note: we reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised closing date.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.