Bank Support Worker- Islington - #409680
Look Ahead Housing and Care
Date: Aug 3, 2022
City: Little Amwell, England
Salary: £11 / hour
Contract type: Full time
The job requirements are detailed below. Where applicable the skills, qualifications and memberships required for this job have also been included
Application closing date
£11.07 Per Hour
PSA Zero Hours
Permanent, Zero Hour Contract
Bank Support Worker- Islington
Recruiting for Bank Support Workers to join our Mental Health service in Islington!
GBP £11.07 per hour plus Pension scheme. This role is working a zero-hour contract
The Islington Crisis Accomodation offers 24/7 crisis accommodation to customers with mental health needs who require a high level of support. We consist of 12 units, with move-on expected within two weeks. We are part of the projects pathway in Islington and receive customer referrals from the Crisis Teams and mental health wards in the borough. We also take referrals from neighbouring boroughs such as North Camden. This is a really great opportunity for anyone with clinical interests as the service is delivered in partnership with Camden and Islington Mental Health Trust
You will be highly motivated and committed to continuous professional development. You will be committed to supporting customers through their recovery journey and skilled in engaging them with their move-on pathway. You will work flexibly to respond to emerging needs and effectively address the needs of the customer group. This role will include working bank holidays, weekends and national holidays
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Ensure all referrals are processed and assessed within the agreed timeframes (24 hours)
- To ensure recovery focused support plans are created, reviewed, evaluated and amended in accordance with changing needs, presenting risks and individual preferences in order to promote recovery.
- Undertake key working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/Service Manager.
- To be flexible and responsive to the needs of service-users as directed by their personal support plan
- To provide recovery focused support to achieve personal goals/aspirations in partnership with service-users, family members and statutory agencies. To work with service-users on a one-to-one basis to achieve positive outcomes within the given service timeframe
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Develop and maintain links with key agencies and service providers in the local community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the empowerment of service-users and a strong interest in co-production and promoting people's rights.
- Use person centred tools to support recovery and development of service-users.
- Communicate effectively with people who are in mental distress, including any who may be acutely unwell.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self-development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer–focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can-do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
- Level 3 in health and social care
- Any other qualification
- An understanding of care-planning processes and Models of Care within mental health.
- Knowledge of group and individual therapy and an understanding of risk management.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people who are undergoing a period of crisis
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs, you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with Silver in the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.