IT Event and Support Assistant (Zero Hours) - #412249
AEG Europe’s London Technology Operations team are looking for an IT Event and Support Assistant on a zero hour basis. You’ll be responsible for providing IT, broadcast and audio visual services and support to promoters and events at The O2, indigo at The O2, Eventim Apollo, other temporary locations and IT support for AEG Europe staff in our London offices.
This role will involve the on-site support of events at our venues and temporary sites in London and will therefore include evening and weekend shift-based working.
The role involves:
- Providing first and second line IT Support services to AEG Europe staff working at The O2, indigo at The O2, Eventim Apollo, other temporary locations and our other London offices;
- Providing IT and broadcast support for events being held at our venues in London, including liaison with AEG Europe’s customers, and working weekend and evening shifts (including public holidays), as required;
- Operating and supporting broadcast signage systems, comprised of both large and small digital signage screens at The O2, indigo at The O2, and Eventim Apollo;
- Providing IT support for Electronic Point of Sale (EPoS) systems in use within our London venues, including escalation within the IT team for critical issues;
- Undertaking physical duties such as lifting, moving and loading items of equipment, including moving IT equipment between locations for events based usage and setting up of hardware to an agreed specification;
- Taking ownership of Service Desk requests allocated to you and ensure that they are resolved in the most efficient manner, providing regular updates on the progress of Service Desk requests to the staff who have logged them;
- Undertaking day-to-day maintenance and checks of the IT and broadcast infrastructure, including printers, telephony and broadcast infrastructure systems as defined by the Head of Technology, London;
- Overseeing any breakdown of equipment (i.e. printers, photocopiers, digital signage, RF distribution etc.) and ensure that they are repaired or reported accordingly; and
- Supporting any IT and telephony services provided to tenants and partners at The O2.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to form effective working relationships with all levels of staff; who can use initiative, work with minimum supervision, organise their time effectively and be able to manage and deliver their work to agreed timescales.
You will have experience of providing IT Service Desk style support to end users using Windows 7 and Windows 10; and be able to troubleshoot issues with desktops and laptop hardware, common software applications including Microsoft Office and common office IT hardware such as printers and scanners.
With administration experience of working with core Microsoft technologies in an enterprise environment, such as Windows Active Directory; you will have an understanding of network technologies including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP and be able to troubleshoot network or Internet connectivity issues and be able to work with network hardware and cabling.
We will need you to produce accurate detailed reports, paying attention to detail and of working to agreed standards.
You‘ll have confident communication skills, love working in a high achieving environment and be flexible and positive in your outlook.
You’ll want to raise the bar in this role, be solutions focussed and proactive.
Where: You’ll be based at The O2, Peninsula Square, London SE10 0DX, but there will be travel to other London based venues.
So why apply?
AEG is an inclusive organisation where we value everybody’s contribution. We empower and trust our people to do the right thing. We go the extra mile, for our customers and each other, every time. We are always open to new ideas and respect all opinions. We support and bring out the best in each other. We really value our people and inspire them to be the best in class, always!
You can find out about our Vision and Values here: https://careers.aegeurope.com/ourvalues and our Employee Network Groups here: https://careers.aegeurope.com/our-culture/employee-network-groups
Our commitment to inclusion
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe in equality of opportunity for all and our approach to recruitment and selection is fair, open and based purely on merit. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.